About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Test your RESOLVE.

Every year I go on a sweet, treat, soda pop, sugary snack break for 1-2 months. I always invite friends, family and blog stalkers to join me. So here's your formal invite. Join me and see if you have the resolve to do it for two months. Last year Aaron lasted 3 days. He's going to try again this year. I don't do this necessarily to lose weight (especially not while I'm pregnant) but that is always a benefit and natural consequence. I figure I might as well reverse all the effects of the crap I eat during the holidays. 
Although I'm not Catholic, this is like my 'LENT'. I think they've got something there, those Catholics. From what I've researched, once a year they have lent. It lasts about a month and ends on Easter I believe. Anywho, they give up a vice for a month and some of them replace that vice with something good. Like, oh I don't know, going to church, reading your scriptures EVERY DAY, keeping the house clean, not raising your voice, writing in a journal, exercising, not watching t.v., whatever it may be. I've never replaced my sugar with anything good so maybe I'll try that this year. Perhaps I'll grow sprouts and eat them instead or read the BOM faithfully everyday or keep my voice down, I don't know yet. I've heard it takes 30 days to start a good habit, so by the end of 2 months it should be well established for sure.  
So if you're not a pansy then do this with me. It's really hard at first. It's amazing how addicted to sugar we all are and you will go through withdrawals in the beginning. But after it's over, the first time you drink some pop or have some sugar it will be so strong and way sugary. Our bodies don't need as much as we eat. I personally don't eat that many sweets and hardly ever drink soda pop but it's still a fun thing to do every year and I know it's beneficial as well so it's win-win. Test yourself and see if you can do this with me. I always lose 10 lbs when I do it, but like I said, being pregnant that's not my goal. In the next 2 months I'll have gained at least that much but my body and baby with thank me for giving up junk food for awhile. 
I'm starting this on February 1st and ending on on April 1st. Don't be a wuss and do it with me! :)

7 comments:

Aly said...

I will join! I am so horrible about this and eating my treats. This will be good for me. Maybe a start to FINALLY lose the baby weight...after two years!!

Unknown said...

I will too- but I reserve the right for wussy whining and cursing on your behalf. :P

Shani said...

Okay Bonnie, I'm willing to try it, because I have 10 lbs(x5) to lose. But I'm very weak, so I may need ALOT of support from someone as strong as yourself.

sharpest family said...

You girls are AWESOME! Feel free to totally curse me and whine all you want, but then give me the credit for the 10 lbs lost in the end! Ha, ha, ha. It is really hard, I'm not gonna lie. It sucks bad but you feel good afterwards, like you DID IT, you were stronger than your wants, stronger than yourself. It's hard but empowering at the same time. So far 7 people have committed!! This is awesome! Just don't give in and especially don't let your husbands talk you out of it, because I promise they will. They're evil. ;) Good luck!!!

Chellie said...

I'll do it! I don't drink soda at all... but do like me some sugary treats (although I'm pretty mindful of that intact). I'm planning on running a 1/2 marathon in 2 months... so this will be great to stay healthy. :)

The Slider Family said...

You are amazing...good luck! I am already doing something similar, so count me in! Let's go out again sometime soon!

Ryan and Jess said...

Yeah! I love this kind of thing. I've done it a few different times it's so interesting to see the process. The first week is almost torture, and then after that it's hard once in a while and then after two or three weeks I don't crave sugar at all. I'm in! ALSO, it is so true what you say about how 'sweet' sweets really are. I get so used to fruit that when I eat something chocolate after the alotted time, it almost makes me sick because it's so so sweet. That's tomorrow! Ok, here goes.