About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Our spur of the moment trip to Las Vegas

We have a time share with Worldmark that lets us go pretty much anywhere. We love it because it allows us to go on spur of the moment trips like this for cheap. My parents and April and her family came with us. We had so much fun. It was still a little cold but anything beats Utah in January! We swam and hot-tubbed and went around Vegas and saw so many fun things. Aaron and I went to see Mystere at Treasure Island. It was one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. We saw lions and tigers and statues that move, waterfalls, volcanoes, light shows, pyramids, castles, the eiffel tower...the list just goes on and on. It was funny to see people's looks when we showed up with 6 little girls and two pregnant women (April and I). I've never felt like we have a TON of kids until I was there. There was a child for each adult! The only down side was all the smut there too, although they have kept all the men handing out cards to one side of the strip so we just avoided them but we'd still see billboards and ads. Our girls would say, "That girl is dressed immodest." I'm sorry that they saw that stuff even though we avoided it as much as possible. It was a teaching time for us though and we took advantage of telling them how inappropriate it is and how sad Heavenly Father is to see his daughters dress like that. The trip was a great success and the girls are still talking about it!

At the Luxor.
Joci and Brooklyn and Hannah with the M&M.

New York, New York.
Excalibur or more commonly know as "The Princess Castle".
Joci turned 3 in Vegas and we let her believe the whole trip was all for her. :) I even made her a cake in the condo and she got a pretty Barbie that was a hit with her and her sisters and cousins.
We went to Circus Circus and saw fun Circus acts.
Here's Macey freezing in Las Vegas. We were walking outside a lot but luckily she was bundled up in the stroller. (Thanks again Ryan and Jess!)
This was outside at The Flamingo. There are really neat exotic birds there. The girls loved seeing them and chasing them. 
This guy was a cool street dancer/robot. He was so realistic. 
This was at the Bellagio. The music/water show is fantastic. This was one of our favorite things.
At the Silverton there is a huge fish tank and once in a while the mermaids come to feed the fish and visit with the kids. As you can see all the girls loved them. Olivia asked if mermaids were real and we told her they weren't. She was devastated. That would be my dream job, seriously, I love being in water. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh how I miss our infamous Vegas trip 11+ years ago! The NY, NY brings back memories. That was our honeymoon hotel! You are so cute prego! I can't wait to see this little guy. I am ready for him to be here now and can I just say that you have such beautiful girls. They look just like their Mommy. Love you!

Mandi said...

It looks like you had a GREAT family trip! And that everyone had a great time with lots of fun memories made. I miss you all!