About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Makell turns 5 today!

My sweet Makell! You have been so fun to have in our family. This year has been especially fun because we've been able to watch you grow and learn. You've been going to The little Redd School House where you've been learning how to read. I've loved being a part of that and seeing the confidence on your face when you read to me. This is the year you learned how to kneeboard too. You flip the handle of the ski rope around and around as you go, it's your own little trick you made up. Makell is flitty and flighty, always dancing around, playing with sisters, friends or by herself. She's got quite an imagination when she plays and is constantly singing little songs she's made up. Makell is tedious and likes to get things just right, she doesn't ever hurry. Sometimes that tries my patience but I see how meticulous you are and love you for it too. You are always fun to be around, always giving hugs and kisses. You are very smart and it's been such a joy to watch you bloom this year. You are beautiful with your big brown eyes and your sweet models-would-die-for big lips. Happy birthday Makell, we love you and can't wait to see what you'll do during this new year!



Makell's 4th birthday.



The next 4 pictures are all in the same year. 2006. You were about 2 1/2 years old.

Daddy used to do your hair every sunday morning.

Flower girl at aunt Mandi's wedding.
In the playhouse Daddy built for you...that was too big to get out the driveway so we had to leave it Ogden. So sad. It was the cutest little house.
5 1/2 Months at Lake Powell. Getting in the spirit of the 4th of July. 
Makell on her blessing day. Olivia got a little overzealous on the kiss! Looks like CPR to me. :) She sure was in love with her little sister!

Our brand new little Makell...





6 comments:

Ashtyn said...

Holy Cow!! You are pregnant! You are the cutest pregnant woman ever. You should have at least 5 more, he he!! We really miss you guys in our ward. I'm going to keep tabs on you now that I know you have a blog.

Unknown said...

All of that was super fun! I loved the boy, your tummy and lil bonnie turning 3. Of course the day Lil' Makell was born stand out most in my mind- it was so special and amazing to see her come into the world! Has it been 5 years already?

The Slider Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet Makell! She is such a cutie pie. I love all of the sweet pictures you posted. Kenzie still talks about going to her friend Makell's house...it makes me so sad that they don't get to see each other as much. Miss you!

Mandi said...

What a great tribute to Makell, Bonnie. It was fun to read about her personality and to see the pictures. I can't believe how fast the time goes and that she is 5!

Makell, I hope you had a great birthday! Aunt Mandi loves you!!

bzmom24 said...

What a great idea! Posting little letters to the girls for their birthdays! Very nice for those of us who don't live so close too!
BTW- Next time you're in Vegas, call!

Aly said...

I remember those little days. She is so adorable and growing into quite the little beauty. Happy Birthday! we wished we lived closer so we could celebrate with you!