About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Water, Agua, H2O... however you say it, it still spells F-U-N!

I haven't been on here for a while. Time for a new post, although I hate to write anything after that last one- man it was a good one wasn't it? My favorite so far.
So Aaron took a day off from the grind yesterday so I could get my visiting teaching done. We went to IHOP. Tell you what, you hop in but roll back out. Gluttony was the big winner! Yeah gluttony!
When I got back we took the girls down to the pool. Makell is learning how to swim without her floaty swimsuit. She's doing pretty well. That being said, there will always be lifejackets on in the boat (besides the fact it's the law) and at Lake Powell. Olivia was excited because we let her play hooky and miss school because some of her friends were at the pool too. After being in the warm water for so long I think Aaron had wishful thinking for the water in the lake to be warm too. So we took the boat out for her first voyage of the year. The girls and I were all huddled under blankets and Aaron was in a wet suit. He's crazy. He skied first then we cruised around for a while so he could warm up then he got back in the icy water to wake board. It didn't last long as the wind promptly picked up. For those of you who know Utah Lake you know how the water can get as soon as the wind blows. For those of you who don't, just try to imagine big waves slamming into your boat. It's seriously insane how quickly it can change. We decided to call it a day and came in. We all got a little burned. Everyone else's will turn into a tan. I however will peel and be just as white. At the end of the year last year Makell said, "Daddy's brown, Olivia's brown, I'm brown, Jocelyn is brown but Mommy is white." Pathetic. I can thank my own mom for my pasty whiteness. Yeah, thanks. :)
Today I've got cub scouts. I'm trying to find a sitter because Aaron is staying the night down at Yuba Lake again. He's been building some cabins for Uncle Gary down there and has decided to sleep over a couple of times because of the cost of gas. Last time (monday) he woke up at 1AM freezing so this time he took two sleeping bags, warm socks, a big blanket, his hoodie, and I think gloves too. I hope he stays warm. He starts his fire with the blow torch at night to cook dinner on and warm up a bit before bed. Such a good little boy scout. Who needs lighter fluid when you've got a blow torch? We've been watching a show on the Discovery channel called "I Shouldn't Be Alive". It's awesome, I highly recommend it, however now I've become very paranoid about him being alone in the middle of nowhere. Not to mention being in the middle of Utah Lake with 4 little girls, freezing water and big waves. I know I'm just a worry wart but I don't think I'd be a real mom if I wasn't always worrying about something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I dont think even a wet suit could convince me to get in the lake this early in the year- and I LOVE water. lol sounds fun.