About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Monday, March 10, 2008

RE-TAGGED

I was already tagged once, however a friend of mine re-tagged me so here are 6 more silly, strange and slightly-interesting secrets or facts about me...
1. I loathe laundry. I grew up running a family business Bed & Breakfast and my job was to wash, dry, hang, and fold all the laundry. Needless to say it scarred me for life!
2. I love to sing the hymns at church. I don't know why I love it so much but I do. Maybe it's because I feel that it's almost like my personal time when I can be in my own little world. Because of that it really drives me crazy when my kids try to talk to me during the hymns. Of course I will talk to them but then I feel like I've missed out on one of my favorite parts of church.
3. This goes along with number 2. I'm an alto. I'm not a great alto, but I do pretty good. I believe that altos make sopranos sound good. You sopranos may get to sing the melody but you don't sound half as great without us altos backing you up. You're welcome!
4. I have done the math and during the 6 1/2 years that we've been married, I have been pregnant for 3 of those years and nursing for 3 years and 8 months of those 6 1/2. I realize that adds up to 6 years and 8 months, how could that be you ask? Because I was pregnant AND nursing for 6 of those months. (Not fun and I don't recommend it.) That means that I have been my normal self for approximately 3 months of my entire marriage! One was the first month we were married and the other two were between the time I stopped nursing Makell and got pregnant with Jocelyn. I need a break!! And Aaron would probably like to know who he really married, I bet he doesn't even remember since we only knew each other 3 months when we got married!
5. Following along the same lines as number 2 and 3--I love to hear Aaron sing the hymns. He has a fabulous voice and varies between a tenor and bass. We sound great together (when I hit the notes). I really miss sitting next to him in church. Now that we have 4 little girls in between us (and talking during the hymns) it's hard to hear him.
6. This isn't necessarily a silly, strange or unknown secret or fact about me, but I adore my husband. Every ounce of him. He is what I refer to as Mr. Right and Mr. Perfect. We are 100% compatible and compliment one another perfectly. His hardware is compatible with my software. It's like we are a computer and program without viruses. I KNOW that we were made for each other. I used to say that there wasn't just one right person out there for any given person. Sure, I used to say that. But that was before I knew Aaron. We were meant to find one another and live happily ever after. I don't understand when people say "The first year was hard". We just never went through it. We have other trials, but marriage just doesn't happen to be one of them. When we were dating he said the most beautiful thing to me that I will never forget. It was August. We were standing next to his car. The air was warmly blowing and the stars were shining down on us. We were holding each other not wanting to say goodnight. He looked down at me and said, "I've been waiting my whole life to fall in love with you."
It still makes me cry. I love you Aaron.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

When do we stop being tagged? I may have to rebel the next time. :P Love you bunches....and I knew all of those things already. Have anything else? lol

Tamio & Anna said...

OK WOW on the last little tid bit about you and Aaron...your girls are the cutest so post some more pictures!

Anonymous said...

That's not fair to end with that one. You make me cry. I love reading things like this about you. I hope you get tagged some more. It's fun to learn about you. I love you, Mom Sharp

Aly said...

You are so great Bonnie! Wish we lived closer to you guys. I love marrying into a family where I really love every person in it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bonnie. These are pretty fun. I am enjoying your tags as well so thanks for sharing so freely. I am grateful for very smart people who have created all this technology (although sometimes I am on the cussing end of such things) so we can all stay in touch better. I love that my brothers have chosen such awesome sisters-in-law for me! Love, Mandi