About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Need some advice...

So far about the only name we agree on is/was Brock. We both really liked the name until we realized that people might assume we named our son after Barack. I'm sure Barack is a nice guy, but I'm definitely not naming my son after him! What would YOU do?
We're leaning towards Jacob now but I still really like Brock. Help!

14 comments:

bzmom24 said...

Good point. How about Jacob Brock?

Minnesota Fun! said...

My second son in named Jacob and I have loved the name. It fits him so well. Doug and I have the HARDEST time with boy names. After we had our first son, Andrew, I said Heavenly Father would never make us name another son...now I have 3. It hasn't got any easier. I keep saying our marriage can't stand to have to go through naming another boy. We can agree on a lot of girl names, but no boy names. I just hope I get to use one of the girl names I like before I'm done. Good luck!

Shannon said...

I say if you and Aaron both still like Brock the most, then go with Brock. I do not think the most people will assume that he was named after Barack.

Although if you really can't do it because of the whole Barack thing go with Jacob. I love Jacob.

Either way you win.

A boy. A boy. I'm still so excited for you!

Aly said...

I really don't think is sounds anything like Barack. I know a few boys named Brock and not once did it cross my mind. I think you guys are good with which ever names. I love both. But people need to quit confusing my kids! They keep getting cousins named the same thing on both sides and they have no idea who I am ever talking about! Fun that you guys get to do boy names!

Alison said...

I really like Brock, too. I also like Brody, which sounds similar. I think boy names are SOOO hard to pick. I really like Jacob, too but Jeff's brother is Jacob so it was out for us. Good luck! I looked at a TON of baby name websites and we made a list of about 20 names we liked. We didn't think of Drew until about a week before he was born. It will come :)

PS: Yes, I notice weird numbers too and LOVE Drew's birthday of 3-6-9. Everyone in the hospital commented on it :)

Chellie said...

Honestly, if you just told me you were naming him Brock, I would have never made the connection to Barack or assumed it was after him.
I like Brock & do think it is much different, but if you are going to be reminded of Barack now, I'd find a new name! How about Blake? I love that name. :)

Unknown said...

MEH MEH MEH! Brock is a good solid name. Anyone who thinks its barrack can answer to me. YOU know I can take them. I Like Lee for a middle name! :P

Mandi said...

Um, no offense to Gabe, but I definitely wouldn't use Brock with the middle name Lee...Brock Lee...Now, about Brock itself. I like the name, but agreee that if it makes you think of Barack now, you should try again...for a name that is :) I do like Jacob. I like Lucas and Preston also, if you are looking for suggestions...if not, just ignore me. We love you!

Lisa said...

What about Camden? Griffin? Sawyer? Brayden? Maverick? I love Maverick!!!!!!!!!!!

Staci J said...

By the way, I forgot to say in my other comment that I love the name Brock, and I don't think it's at all like Barack... Whatever you can agree on is the most important (and most difficult):)

Jacqui said...

Wow! Tough decision...Looks like you already have lots of input. I didn't think of Barack until you said it.

Unknown said...

this is nate, first of all...anyway, i think you can just follow in your old ways. after jayci was born, you all decided to name your child maci (maycie?, wow, i am a terrible brother, uncle, etc.). okay, so i think since this is a boy you should focus on a name like bayton, hayten, or rayton. you know, something fairly similar to treyton. i say this just because i know how much you all look up to us and put us on a pedestal. i hope this clears things up for you!!! we love you guys!!!

sharpest family said...

Ha, ha, rayton it is!
I love all the suggestions people are giving us. Boy names are tough. Girl names are much easier.
I think Aaron's new BOM hero is Jacob so I think that may be it. I've always liked that name anyway. We'll see though.

Ryan and Jess said...

Ha! So great. Don't say I didn't tell you! I guess there will be two jacob sharps!