About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve Day.

On Christmas Eve day my family came up to our house and we drove a block away to the golf course to go sledding. It was a blast. I don't remember the last time I went sledding and I think this was the girl's first time. They weren't so sure of it at first but when it was time to go they begged to stay, all except Macey who was freezing. It was a pretty steep hill but the three older ones all went by themselves at times.








For you to be able to appreciate this steep hill you must have seen the movie 'Better Off Dead'. This hill is the K-12 in my opinion! Aaron and my dad both took turns going down it which was nigh unto suicide but somehow made it out alive. Fun was had by all then we went home to make scones, and hot chocolate. Then I made a yummy shrimp ceviche before we had our hawaiian haystack feast. We ended off with homemade ice cream and fudge. We played Josh and April's Wii, watched a movie and ended off with a spiritual lesson. It was such a fun day. I was so happy that almost my whole family was here. Mark and Jody and their kids went to Indiana to see Jody's family. I just love my family so much and I love spending time with them. Thank you for all coming. Let's do it again in 2010!






After my family left we ended off the day by opening our new pj's from grandma and papa Sharp.

3 comments:

Shani said...

Hi Bonnie! Sledding looks like alot of fun, I'm way too big of a whimp these days though--I get way too cold! The last time I went was for a combined youth activity, we were sledding down another one of those killer hills with a jump in the middle of it and a lake at the bottom. If you were lucky enough to make it to the bottom of the hill without being killed on the jump, then you were REALLY lucky if you didn't end up falling through the ice into the freezing cold lake. I was one of the not so lucky ones who fell through the ice, I was in ice cold water up to my knees. I've never had much desire to try it since!!

Aly said...

Better of Dead is my all time favorite movie!! I love that you know it. That looks like so much fun. I wish I could go sledding, but NO SNOW. It has been really warm. I mean T-shirt weather. I am so jealous of you guys!

Chellie said...

So fun!

...and also, ceviche and hawaiian haystacks are two of our favorite things! (but we make our ceviche with mahi mahi usually.)