About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FHE in the Emergency Room.

These first two are before the stitches, after the bleeding stopped.


These two were taken when Aaron brought her home. The cut went all the way through! Aaron said that when they cleaned it with a stream of salt-water he could see it spraying through on the inside too. She ended up getting 4 stitches on the outside and one inside. They didn't have to sedate her but they had to put both her arms behind her in a pillow case then lay her on a board and strap across her arms and legs. She got 4 shots inside the wound to numb it. Aaron said she complained a bit but did a good job of keeping her head still. The fourth stitch must have hit a part that wasn't numb because she cried and kept saying "Ow hurt, owie hurt". He said the inside stitch hurt her as well. It took about 5 minutes to stitch her up and we go back in 5 days to have them removed. She's acting normal today and slept great last night. Poor baby!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

SAD! Poor baby. I am glad she is feeling better. Luckily the mouth heals quickly and well :)

Lisa said...

Your poor baby! It should heal well and quickly and I would be suprised if she even has a scar after time goes on. What a big girl. I would have had to have been sedated just to have been numbed! I am such a boob, I know the ER all to well! Keep us posted on her and give her a hug for me! Love you!

Staci J said...

-K- I'm so pregnant b/c I'm totally crying as I'm reading about your little Joci crying for her mama. I know these things happen, but it hasn't happened to us yet, and I'm sorry you guys had to go through it... I'm glad she's doing better now, what a trooper! I heard you guys went to Lake Powell, are you home yet? Looking forward to some cute pictures!