About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Great Grandma's Quilts and the Christmas Sleigh Ride

Great Grandma Ruby has made a quilt for each one of our children (not to mention hundreds of others). Even though her hands hurt, she pushes through it so she can give them all this wonderful gift. I thought it might be nice to let her see the kids all snuggly in their quilts. She displays this picture proudly in her living room.



Papa Sharp treated us ALL (there are a lot of us) to a christmas sleigh ride and dinner with entertainment.  We sipped hot apple cider as we awaited our turn on the horse-drawn sleighs. Some of us sat by the blazing fire outside and others stayed indoors by the huge christmas tree. When the horses arrived we bundled up tight and climbed aboard the sleighs. The horses pranced through the snow, bells jingling. We raced past scores of light displays seated at the feet of the towering Teton Mountains. It was magical! Jacob loved the horses. I mean he LOVED them. He wouldn't take his bright eyes off them. He risked frostbite to point at them the entire ride. I kept trying to put his hands under the blanket but he would promptly take them out again and point at the horses behind our sleigh. Afterwards I took him up close to them. Surprisingly, as much as he loved them, he was scared of them. He wouldn't touch them. The girls thoroughly enjoyed being with their cousins all night.

The group. 

Aaron and Jacob

Nana and Macey

Treyton and Jocelyn

Joci

Olivia and Makell

Jocelyn sipping cider

Liv and Nana

Jacob and I


1 comment:

Mandi said...

I love that you updated your profile to include Jacob. :) And the pictures you have from the sleigh ride are great. That was so much fun. Love ya~