About Me

I'm a mother of four girls and one boy and I've got the greatest husband in the world-and I'd bet the farm on that one. We're a great team although he says he's moving out of the house as soon as all our girls are teenagers. We're very strong in our religion which is in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I draw strength from my religion and my family. I love life and am grateful to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I am gently reminded daily of the love and blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us. I live the life I always dreamed of having. I don't know how I was so blessed. Sometimes I feel undeserving to have the perfect life I always wanted. But I'm not complaining! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Life goes up and life goes down, but even during the lowest so far, I'm still happy. Still know that I will have my family forever. Still know that my husband adores me and I him. Life is so good.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Typical day.

On any given (week) day...
When the girls get home we do homework. Makell normally has one page of work and Olivia has 2-3. We do that first. I know if we don't do it as soon as they get home, then they will certainly find other fun things to do and homework will then be forgotten. As soon as they get that done, then it's time for reading. Olivia's required to do 15 min. while Makell feels sorry for herself because she has to read for 20. Usually one of them will go and practice the piano while the other reads. Then they change places. Once all the reading and piano are done they 'get' to do their chores. We alternate weeks of dishwasher and all it entails and the kitchen floor and all that comes with it. Then I tell them to clean their room they share. I rarely check on that to make sure it's done. Therefore it hardly ever does. But they have at least learned to bring up their dirty clothes so I can wash them. They play for awhile with their siblings and then it's dinner time, scripture/prayer time and bedtime. Not much time for playing with friends or for getting into trouble. That's how I prefer it. I try to keep them busy. Weekends are a lot more fun for them and for me! I miss them when they're gone to school. I worry about them when they're away from me. So weekends are just for spending time together. We've had an occasional slumber-party as a family. We do hand shadows on the ceiling with flashlights, watch movies, eat popcorn and then sleep. That means that Aaron and I wait for them to fall asleep then we go to our bed so we will sleep well.

 It's so nice that the bus comes directly to the house! I love that!





Jacob has been found imitating his sisters. I couldn't be more pleased with that!




No comments: